ATEEZ is Amazing


You know, it's been a long time since I've felt such hype about a Kpop group. Concepts that floor me and an epic feeling that can't be explained is something that is very hard for me to find. I think the last time this happened to me was with NCT 2018, which, while fun at first, ended up being a massive disappointment in the end. I'm seriously praying this won't happen with ATEEZ. If it does, I doubt I will ever recover. Not just one, but two burns? That would wreck me.

But, unlike NCT 2018, my hype for ATEEZ is based off of pre-existing material, rather than just empty promises. I haven't even seen any of their music videos, but my hype just based off their discography and stage performances alone is giant. 

The first thing that stuck out to me about ATEEZ was Jongho. In HALA HALA, he just lets it loose during the phrase where he sings "Deep in my Heart
Deep in my Soul
pieonaneun Flashing Light". This was amazing. There's something special about that strong ass voice belting out those notes. 


The next thing that cemented ATEEZ as a group I became fascinated with was Pirate King. The harmony in the last part of the song is beautiful and I don't think I've ever heard anything like that attempted in kpop, save for the whistle notes in BEG's Sixth Sense. 

The preceding track to Pirate King is awesome. It features a narration by Maddox, and it's amazing.

Their choreo is great too. Such as:

Their music (title tracks in particular) has such a unique sound. It's hard EDM with hip hop influence and it's amazing.

Comments